What is Toastmasters?
Toastmasters International is a world leader in communication and leadership development. Our organization has more than 352,000 members. Members improve their speaking and leadership skills by attending one of the 16,400 clubs in 141 countries that make up our global network of meeting locations.
What happens at a Toastmasters meeting?
“We provide a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth.”
Each meeting is split up into sections:
- Members deliver speeches that they have prepared in advance,
- Those speeches are given verbal evaluations,
- Members and guests are given an opportunity to practice impromptu speaking – the section is called Table Topics,
- Those Table Topics are also evaluated,
- General feedback is also given on timings, the use of words, and the running of the meeting.
Of course, there is time to get to know members of the club, and the meetings are run in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere. You are welcome to visit one of our clubs to find out more!