Aletta Rochat DTM (TMI Europe, Middle East and Africa Director) is visiting Scotland to support our clubs and members and to promote Toastmasters. She is a professional speaker, trainer and author and is speaking at a variety of events which are free to attend and all members and guests are welcome
1) Members Workshop, Edinburgh: Tuesday 31 January, 19.00hrs – 21.30hrs.
28 York Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3EP (Waverley Speakers venue): Contact Max Ridder-Patrick at email@example.com
Laura Bruce (President of Inverness TM) “The ACE Formula for Creating Membership Magic”: tips and tricks to attract visitors to your club and convert them to members.
Aletta Rochat “How to Stand Out when you Speak Up”: tools and templates to help you connect with your audience to persuade them to take the exact next step that you have identified
2) Highland Business Women Event: Wednesday 1 February, 19.00hrs – 21.00hrs. The Storehouse at Foulis Ferry, Evanton, Dingwall, IV16 9UX. Contact Laura Bruce: 01463 216 226, laura@BrucePR.com
Please note: this event is NOT free. You can book at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/speaking-as-a-leader-highland-business-women-february-meeting-tickets-31264300364
Aletta Rochat “Speaking as a Leader: how to inspire, build influence and presence”. There will be also be a meal and Toastmaster guests, and of course men, are welcome
3) Glasgow Finance & Business Forum: Thursday 2 February, 12.30 – 13.30hrs (plus extra networking time). Jurys Inn, 80 Jamaica Street, Glasgow G1 4QG: Contact Jane Cameron 07837 011690, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aletta Rochat “Speaking as a Leader: how to inspire, build influence and presence”: valuable tips to increase your power and influence when speaking; learn how to connect with clients and key stakeholders in a meaningful way and increase your influence and your ability to get results
4) Youth Leadership Programme (YLP)
Thursday 2nd February 3 – 5pm at West Lothian College, Livingston. Contact Sudha Mani at email@example.com
Aletta Rochat, Toastmasters Region 11 Advisor
Sam Warner, District 71 Administrations Manager
Special Guests : Provost Tom Kerr, Colin Miller, Head of Essential Skills and Progression, West Lothian College
5. Thistle Speakers Meeting (open to all members & guests) Hosted by Clyde Communicators. Thursday 2 February, 19.00 – 21.30hrs. Jurys Inn, 80 Jamaica Street, Glasgow G1 4QG. Sign-up at D71 Thistle on-line meeting agenda or contact Jane Cameron 07837 011690, firstname.lastname@example.org
Adele Goodfellow (President Glasgow TM) “Speaking Under Fire” from TMI Public Relations Advanced Manual: persuade a hostile audience to at least consider your position on a controversial issue, followed by a Q&A
Aletta Rochat “How to Deliver a Great Speech With No Time to Prepare” this workshop will show you a technique that delivers results every time. You will have the opportunity to prepare a speech on the spot, deliver it and get feedback on it. You will leave with a new ability to speak coherently, persuasively and confidently, even if you have not had any time to prepare!